Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waterboarding is torture.

I cannot believe there are people in our country, let alone our incoming government, that believe waterboarding is torture. I know this is one topic that many people would accept a little better if every bleeding heart liberal in the world would stop walking around saying how horrible it must feel.

I admit that just because it was used should not mean the people enjoyed subjugating the terrorists to this type of treatment. If someone enjoyed waterboarding a terrorist then I might have an issue with it, but I don't because I believe it is not true. I totally support the effort of the people on the ground, who have to live the war day after day. If this means we have to torture a few terrorists then so be it. I will not lose sleep because a terrorist has been waterboarded to prevent further terrorist acts or to gain information.

I bet no bleeding heart liberal can deny we retrieved valuable information from the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. If you don't believe that you are an idiot. What bothers me is that the incoming administration has whole heartedly decried everything we have done to protect America. They are also prepared to dismantle Gitmo to appease the liberals and the radicals who would gladly die at the hands of a terrorist rather then treat them like should be treated.

Stay tuned for the giving away of our peace of mind.

No comments: