Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas displays in Washington State

Isn't it ironic how far liberals will go to satisfy the morally deficient people of our society? I understand why normal people would want to see a manger scene to represent Christmas. I also understand why we would display a Menorah. What I cannot understand is how an atheist group can display an offensive statement that denigrates religions and defend it as a symbol of their beliefs.

Does atheism infer a belief in GOD and the effect religion has on people? Can you hate something you do not believe in? Does atheism teach adherents to simply not believe in GOD or religion? Or does atheism teach adherents to hate GOD and religion? I find it very strange that one fringe element can hate things they do not believe exist.

I am not a perfect man, but I am a Christian man. I believe in GOD, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. My beliefs, my GOD, and my religion do not teach me to hate non-believers. I do challenge all atheists to relieve themselves of all money with a reference to GOD by donating it to a charity. If you do not believe in GOD you should not use money that acknowledges HIS existence. I would feel safe for calling atheists hypocritical for using money. This would seem to be a direct conflict with their beliefs.

I wish the governor of Washington State would request a spine in her next budget and stand up to these fringe groups. I would venture to say that these lunatics do not represent atheists around the world. I believe like most radical groups, they have appointed themselves as spokesmen for the whole group. It is a shame that a radical element of a group has hijacked a religion. Take a look at Islam. If an atheist group shares traits common with a religious group, does that make the atheist group a quasi-religion? Stay tuned for more radicalism from those non-believers.

No comments: