Friday, January 16, 2009

Love affair with Obama

Can you believe the love affair the media and the American public is having with Obama Barack? He has not done anything, yet he can do no wrong. I have never seen an incoming president hold so many press conferences to announce members of his cabinet and who he wants to work in his administration. The media watches his every move and debates how good a a president he will be. He has already scored a victory, if you let the media tell it, by having congress approve the rest of the bail out package. In all reality he had nothing to do with the second part of the bail out being released. This is just another "Obama is wonderful" moment that people want to attribute to him.

I would ask people to please hold all hope for his presidency until he has actually done something other than talk about what he will do. I am not an Obama basher, if I was I would be labeled a racist, but I do not think he is the "savior" the American people want him to be. According to his rhetoric and how he intends to dismantle our current war on terror he may be closer the Anti-Christ than a savior. We shall see.

No comments: